Even surface temperature control in foil technology
P‑System heating plates
Heating plates in foil technology
P‑System heating plates for optimum surface temperature control
- Highly accurate: Gradual temperature deviations of only 2 °C ensure homogeneous temperature distribution over the entire area covered by the heating plate and thus optimum surface temperature control
- Complete solution: Ready-to-mount heating plate including connection and fastening technology for easy integration into machines, systems and equipment for thermoforming, deep drawing, film welding, hot pressing, etc.
- Individual: Customer- and project-specific dimensioning, design, coating and configuration of all system components
- Flexible: supply voltages from 12 to 400 volts and power densities of up to 15 W/cm²
Higher process reliability for film technology
The most important questions for the design of a heating plate
The following 6 questions are relevant:
- What is heated in the process?
- What temperature should be supplied?
- What kind of temperature fluctuations are tolerable?
- In what kind of time period should the heating take place?
- What specific location is to be heated?
- What are the ambient conditions?
Structure of a heating plate for the foil technique
- From the heat transfer plate. Depending on the application, this can be additionally provided with a functional coating. The additional coating can have different properties, such as wear protection or non-stick properties.
- The integrated heating element with optional temperature sensors. Here, depending on the requirements, different heating elements can be selected:
- The insulating/insulating plate An intermediate plate or cover plate for installation and mounting
- Miscellaneous, such as the connecting cable and plug connection
Foil technology: Thinner, lighter, more accurate
Surface temperature control individualized at all levels
Heating plates for thermoforming plastics
Details about hot plates for thermoforming
Our heating plates, which are designed for thermoforming, are installed in machines. They heat the rigid film drawn from large rolls to make it soft and formable. This process is also known as thermoforming. The uniformly heated film can now be pressed into any shape, so that after cooling, it retains this shape permanently. This production process is used to create packaging for cheese and sausage or blister packaging for electrical appliances.
Heating plates for film welding
Details about heating plates for film welding
Our heating plates, which are designed for film welding, are used in various devices. They heat the two foils that are being welded to the desired temperature. With a mechanical pressure the heated foils are pressed together. After cooling, they are permanently joined, providing a stable closure of bags as well as films.
Heating plates for hot pressing
Details about hot press heating plates
Our heating plates, which are designed for hot pressing, are installed in various equipment to ensure forming in the process with targeted surface temperature control.
Other areas of application for heating plates
Composites made of several materials that are pressed together by hot pressing and thus permanently bonded together
In the automotive industry for thermoforming, bonding and hot pressing of textiles and molded parts in the exterior and interior of the vehicle
Adhesive technology for curing adhesive beads
Production of composite glass, such as for solar installations
Rubber goods industry
In the rubber goods industry for heating vulcanizing molds
General heating of containers and processing tables